Monday, May 16, 2011

May 16, 2011 letter

Dear family,

     It sounds like everything is going great.  These last 6 months have gone by really fast.  Time in the mission flies by.  The weeks go by like days.  I think when I get back I'd like to do an internship also.  Maybe dad can take Devin Nunes' job when he retires.  Any idea why the church doesn't ever go to Ponderosa for the campouts?  I was over the strep throat after the first week.  Everyone here buys purified water, so we don't have to worry about it.  My companion and I buy the highest quality water.  I did, however, wake up at 2:25 this morning with (dysentery).  Up to this point I´ve been fine.  It came from our lunch yesterday, but I´m not sure what caused it.  It was either some carne asada from an activity last Friday, some honey that the family has had for several months, or watermelon.  We had a baptism this last saturday for a 15 year old.  He works with the 1st couselor, the former branch president, and the ward mission leader.  They brought him to church and we were able to teach him.  He's very immature but he also listens well.  He has the exact same bb gun that I have.  He likes to shoot pidgeons with it.  The first counselor plucked and gutted the pidgeons that he shot and they ate them that night.  He didn't show up for sacrament meeting on time for his confirmation, so Elder Portillo and I rode to his house to get him.  When we were 30 seconds away from the house, he came riding in the other direction, heading for church.  We rode back with him and got him confirmed.  We don't have any other baptisms planned for now, but hopefully we can find some more investigators.  That's it for this week.  Later today my companion and I will be going to a tourist site with a member.  Last week we went to a couple of monuments in Champoton.  I attached some photos of that.
Love,
Elder Gubler

No comments:

Post a Comment