Monday, June 4, 2012

June 4, 2012 letter


Dear Family,

The Brother that we baptized last week is Jaime David Balam Carrillo.  The couple there is the brother of the wife.  They were being taught by the other missionaries.  The wife invited them to the baptism.  We invite our investigators to the baptisms.  The 2 kids of the mechanic showed up.  There is a statistic that the majority of the people that attend a baptism will eventually get baptized.  I don`t know what the name of the fruit is.  I don`t think it`s bread fruit.  Inside it looks like a pineapple, but its a lot tougher.  The one in the picture is about 1/3 the size of the normal ones.  The missionaries that bought it said that for the full sized ones you have to use your knee also to hold it up.  Elder Taylor is from Georgia.  He went to a few years of college.  He sold pest control.  He played college soccer.  His sister comes home from her mission in Brazil next week.  He is the middle of 5 kids also.  The only thing stopping the investigators from getting baptized is their blood tests.  Hopefully today Miguel and his wife will get it taken.  Other than that we don`t have any investigators that are going to church, so we are going to see if we can find some more this week.  

When we had the baptism last week, we didn`t think that David would be back for another 2-3 weeks.  He showed up to church, so he was able to get confirmed.  That worked out nicely.  Miguel isn`t as much of a mechanic as he is a body worker for the cars.  This week they were painting, and I noticed that they were doing the same things that I was doing when I worked for Valley Pacific.  They were painting a VW bug, and first had to remove the paint with acid goo and scrape it off.  I`m sure glad I`m not doing that anymore.  That was my least favorite part.  

Can you call BYU to find out when I should register for my classes and housing for winter 2013? 

Love,
Elder Gubler

No comments:

Post a Comment