Tuesday, June 12, 2012

June 12, 2012 letter


Dear Family,

Sorry I didn´t get the email sent yesterday.  We had transfers.  Elder Taylor went to Cancun and I´m here in Ticul with Elder Gonzalez.  We got up at 6:30 on Monday, got dressed, said good bye to Miguel Uitz, the father of the family that we are teaching, and got on the bus to Merida.  I waited in the bus station from 9:45-2:05 for my companion to arrive from Cancun.  While waiting I visited with the other missionaries, bought some ice cream, and an ICEE.  I don´t think I´ve had an ICEE in the last 7-8 years.  Elder Higginson, my companion from the MTC is the new AP.  It was kept really quiet.  The only ones that knew about it were the secretaries, the AP´s and a couple other missionaries.  They called him with the transfers and said that he would be training in a pueblo in Campeche.  He had no idea until he got to the offices and they surprised him with the news. 


Elder Gonzalez is from Mexico state and has been out since December.  He is in the same group as my last companion from Kanasin, Elder Lima.

Miguel and his wife got their blood taken this week.  All they need to do now is make an appointment to get married.  We need to find more new investigators, because nobody else is going to church.  

Love,
Elder Gubler

No comments:

Post a Comment