Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March 19, 2012 letter

Dear Family,

Sorry the email is so late.  Today we had transfers.  I´m in Ticul, Yucatan.  Its about an hour south of Merida.  There are 2 branches and 2 chapels here.  The area I'm in has a church that was built a few years ago.  It's really nice.  I'm here with Elder Taylor from Georgia.  We are both new to the area.  We came here in a motorcycle taxi from the bus terminal and had another motorcycle taxi behind us with our luggage.  We had an address and the keys to a house that we had never been to.  The taxi took us to street 48-a instead of 48.  We got to the house that we thought was ours, but as my companion was trying the keys in the door, some guy opened up.  We asked him if he knew where we lived, but he didn't know.  We tried another street and another house that looked empty, but the keys didn't work.  We tried another street and found a member there.  She told us how to get to our house.  We got there, dropped everything off, and went to eat and wash our clothes.  We have bikes in this area.  I think I'm going to like it here.  We had to cut our email time short because it's late.  I´ll write next week.

Love,
Elder Gubler
 

No comments:

Post a Comment