Monday, March 19, 2012

March 12, 2012 letter

Dear Family,

We didn´t have the baptism this week because the rest of the family was working, but this Tuesday we will have it.  His name is Oscar. He´s 15.  When we got done teaching him on Wednesday, he threw his cat into a trench to see what would happen.  I started laughing because it reminded me of myself.  I told him about when I threw Stormy off of the deck when I was 3.

There was a youth at church that had a nice shirt on.  I asked him if he wanted to trade.  He told me that next time we went to his house he would give it to me.  We passed by this week and he gave it to me.  It's a nice pink shirt.  They are called ´Guayaveras´.  They are from Yucatan.  I´ll have to try it out when I get home.  I finally sent pictures of our house.  Sorry it took so long.  That style of house is what a lot of the people live in.  Its like a subdivision here.  Can you imagine having the 7 of us live there.  It has 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom.  I also sent some pictures of an activity that we had on Friday.  The theme was Lehi´s dream.  We had to follow the iron rod blindfolded.  Nobody from our area went, but the activity was still fun.  We haven´t been having too much success lately, but we´ll keep going.

Today we went to Costco.  I bought 2 jugs of Sunny D and some new Cinnabon things.  They don´t have as many free samples there as they do in our Costco, but it was enough.  Afterwards I bought a beef dog and a frozen yogurt.  I was thinking about buying some of their Kirkland ice cream, but we didn´t have anywhere to keep it cool during the day, so I passed.  Maybe I´ll talk to a member to see if he can get me some next time he goes.  Can you check how much I have in Wells Fargo?

Love,
Elder Gubler

oh yeah, and happy birthday dad

No comments:

Post a Comment