Monday, December 12, 2011

December 12, 2011 letter

Dear Family,
 
We didn`t have any baptisms last week, but this Saturday we should be having 2 or 3.  This Saturday is a combined baptism with the entire zone.  The family that we dumped the beer out with should be ready for that day.  Today they are getting all of their paper work ready so that they can get married this week before their baptism.  Their names are David  Moreno and Araceli.  There is another family that we are teaching and we are going to see if we can baptize the husband this week and then have him baptize his wife next week. (they are the ones in the picture).  I also sent a picture of me and the Elder that took my place in Champoton.  We have about 130 baptisms a month.  That's about 2 per companionship.  We should be seeing the numbers increase soon because the entire mission is having training sessions as zones.  We have a mission newspaper every month that includes a few stories from the missionaries.  I didn`t feel anything of the earthquake.  Today I remembered it was Grandma`s birthday.  Wish her a happy birthday for me and I`ll see if I send a letter soon.  In response to mom`s questions, we got the standard works in spanish when I entered the MTC.  This family that you will call has a land line.  Any time you want to call between 4 and 8 is good.  I can talk up to 40 minutes.  You may want to consider doing a practice call to them, just tell me a time and I will tell them what time you will call.  You can just say `hola, somos la familia de Elder Gubler`and then hang up.  Yes, I got the news about only having sacrament meeting on Christmas day.  I am going to get my package as soon as it arrives.  The problem last time was that that week they didn`t have anybody send anything to the zones.  The hot chocolate here comes in a tablet, and is blended with sugar and hot water.  It isn`t as good as our hot chocolate.  But eating the tablet plain has a nice flavor.  We can go to the temple grounds whenever we want.  The picture I sent you was from pday.  Last Saturday we took a family to see the temple.  While we were there I bought myself another birthday present.  I got the movie `Special Witnesses of Christ` It's an hour long program from the First Presidency and Quorum of the12 from the year 2000. 
Well that's all for this week.

Love,
Elder Gubler

No comments:

Post a Comment