Monday, June 6, 2011

June 6, 2011 letter

Dear Family,
Elder Portillo has been on his mission for 21 months.  He has 11 weeks left.  The new Elder in my district is Elder Calvert from Salt Lake.  He is really nice.  He left the MTC the week after I got there.  Hopefully we'll get to do some exchanges soon.  As far as listening, my Spanish is improving.  I'm not sure about pronunciation.  I've included a picture of the ward mission leader and I.  His family is really nice.  He should be getting his mission call in a month or 2.  There is also a picture of the nice little bump on my leg from when I fell off my bike.  This last week our efforts have improved, but there is still a lot of room for improvement.  We have an investigator that is almost ready for baptism, but she leaves on sundays to buy more inventory for her store, so we still haven't baptized her.  I learned a good lesson this last week about why we should obey the word of wisdom.  We had an investigator that we were teaching about 2 months ago.  He had a testimony of the Book of Mormon, started praying with his family, stopped doing drugs, and had the desire to repent.  A few days later he got drunk, and he and his wife separated.  He moved in with his parents, but we could never get an appointment with him because he was hardly there.  My guess is that he got involved in drugs again.  We passed by last week, and found out that he is now in prison with a 15 year sentance.  He could have had all the blessings of the gospel, but he decided to drink one night and now has lost his family and is in jail.  I hope the missionaries find him again.  Tell Kimi happy birthday for me.
Love,
Elder Gubler

No comments:

Post a Comment