Tuesday, September 4, 2012

September 3, 2012 letter


Dear Family,

Elder Asencio got transfered 4 weeks ago. I´m now with Elder Martinez.  The normal transfers were yesterday, but we are still together.  He is going to finish his mission in October.

I sent pictures of me with Elder Germaine (zone leader), Elder Barton and Elder Rowley (In the same ward as us), and my companions.  Elder Barton, the tall guy with the black hair, finishes the same time that I do.  He is 6-3 or 6-4, and his companion is 6-6.  You can see the size difference compared to me. 
Last week I said that things went downhill because we started out really good with lessons, and each day we had less and less.  The wife of the family that we are teaching died, and the husband and son left and we haven´t seen them.

This week was better.  We are teaching a great family, and 10 year old daughter is going to get baptized on the 18th.  She is reading the scriptures and making sure that the family is saying their prayers.  We are going to be looking for more new investigators. 

Happy Birthday mom.  I sent a card in the other email. 

Love,
Elder Gubler

No comments:

Post a Comment