Monday, February 13, 2012

February 13, 2012 letter

Dear Family,
 
Elder Lima is 18, but he looks a lot younger.  The 2 hours of companionship study is for every new missionary for their first 12 weeks in the field.  I think this is for pretty much every mission.  We have a booklet that tells us what to study for every week 1-12.  We combine this program with our normal companionship study.  The picture I sent is with Elder Rupp.  He is about 2 months ahead of me.  I saw him in the bus station when I dropped off Elder Velasco.  He is heading to my old district in Escarcega.  Our district right now consists of Kanasin 1 and 2, and Izamal.  Elder Garcia is from Utah, and his companion is from the Dominican Republic.  The other 3 are from Mexico.  Our areas have more baptisms than in Merida.  This week there were 7 relatives of Elder Gubler´s converts that got baptized in Kanasin 2.  Our next baptism will be arround the 24th, and after that we should be seeing more baptisms.  When we do divisions, the Sr. goes with the Sr. and the Jr. with the Jr.  On Thursday we had a zone conference in the central stake center.  In the end they acted out the story of Ammon and the sheep and cutting off the arms.  Near the end of the zone conference I started feeling sick, and I´ve been sick since then.  I´ve been feeling well enough to work, but hopefully I get better soon.  During the zone conference the family of an Elder that was finishing his mission came in to watch it.  President Salinas said some words to the family in english.  The dad, who is about  6'5 or 6'6 was crying uncontrollably for a few minutes.   A few hours later the missionary got released by his dad and the family spent a few days in Merida and Cancun and Tulum.   
 
Love,
Elder Gubler 

No comments:

Post a Comment