Monday, August 20, 2012

August 20, 2012 letter


Dear Family,
 
Everything is going well here in Cancun.  Elder Martinez is a great companion.  Last week we went to Costco.  This time my card did work.  I tried some samples, walked around the store, and comtemplated the things I would buy.  In the end I settled with a gallon of 2% milk, a double box of chocolate Cheerios, and a package of M&M´s which I shared in our FHE that night.  The milk was wonderful, especially after drinking boxed milk for the last 1.5 years.  The food stand was closed because they were changing the floor, but we are going back today.  The member that took us last week wants to buy a camera there, and is moving this week, so today was his last chance to go. 

The family that we are teaching is doing great.  They should be getting baptized the following week.  We found a couple more families this week, but they didn´t go to church.  That´s one of the difficulties, getting people to go to church. 

Can you send me the address for my blog so that I can give it to some of the members?  A few weeks ago some random kid that I don´t know sent me an email saying that he is leaving for his mission in Merida in November and that he enjoys reading my blog.  Can you please transfer $70 in my Wells Fargo.  I´ll send another email with pictures. 
 
Love,
Elder Gubler

No comments:

Post a Comment